Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fantastic Four Review

SPOILERS FOR THE FILM TO FOLLOW!!!

So I promised this review sooner but after watching the film it took a lot of time to process what I had watched. I was honestly going in with doubts but I kept an open mind. I wanted this movie to be great so we could have the crossover with X-Men. We could have the film we were promised. Instead all we got was disappointment. This movie had such good potential in the first act. Aside from some troubling stuff, I was impressed. Then we go straight to the end! What was supposed to be the middle of the film can NOT be justified as a 2nd act. The final act took all but about 5-10 minutes and ripped off the ending of Avengers: Age of Ultron. You could tell where scenes had been reshot and where it just seemed like the movie didn't make sense. It plays out and feels like a very long TV show pilot (may I add this would've made a lot more sense as a TV miniseries). The actors do the best they could to play out the script and I will say they mostly did good. It's not their fault they were stuck with a terrible script, director, studio, etc. Can I also say poor Kate Mara. With the rumored massive budget, it seems they spent most of it doing other stuff and not getting her a decent wig! And don't even get me started on Dr. Doom or Doom or whatever they call him in the movie. And for Pete's sake, WHY IS THE THING NAKED!?!?! WOULD IT REALLY COST THAT MUCH TO AT LEAST PUT SOME PANTS ON HIM!?!? With all complaining aside, to me, it's obvious what Fox needs to do. Count their loses and give the rights back to Marvel. With three failed attempts, it's time to give the world the Fantastic Four movie it deserves. Please do not go watch this movie while it's out! If you can hold off till Blu-Ray or DVD or even $1 Redbox that is your best bet. See anything else!

(This disaster really makes me appreciate Ant-Man more)

If you've seen the movie or not, sound off in the comments and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment