Thursday, July 23, 2015

What I Like in Batman: Arkham Knight: Part 1


(SPOILERS FOR BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT AND COMICS TO FOLLOW)

Batman: Arkham Knight has been out for exactly a month now and I barley finished the main story last week or so. (I'm slow to play video games). Aside from that this game is by far in my opinion the best Arkham game yet. With the introduction of the Batmobile into the game and a great story, I was blown away. But this isn't a review (technically speaking), but rather an opinion piece with Part 1 being what I like and Part 2 being what I would've changed. So now onto what I liked. I honestly enjoyed the way this game went. It's nice to see the Arkham-verse be different from the main comics universe. Another thing I really liked was how, in a sense, symbolic. The way that fear is used throughout the entire makes the game work. Having Scarecrow as the villain in a game about fear was a great choice and the payoff was great. Watching Batman overcome his, some may call, fear or obsession, of the Joker, was one of my favorite parts in the game. The story with the Arkham Knight was satisfying but I would have rather seen it played out in a different way (more on that in Part 2). The addition of the Batmobile was funny. Using it to chase down enemies or just to drive around the ever expanded new Gotham is fun too. The graphics in the game shine too, watching as the rain hits Batman and rolls off his suit or on the windshield of the Batmobile is ever amazing. I can only hope that with the next game Rocksteady makes, it's just as good as the Arkham series (Justice League anyone?). Part 2 will be coming later on and please comment your thoughts on the game or any ideas of what you'd like to see me blog about!

(All images belong to original owner)

No comments:

Post a Comment